While trying to knit a 2 stitch mock cable feature for a new design I got confused and ended up working a stitch that I’ve not been able to identify.
I tried to knit the mock cable stitch by following the directions in a stitch directory. I knew something was wrong because it didn’t look anything like the photograph! However the directions were a bit vague and I couldn’t make better sense of them. I also liked the result.
Over a panel of 6 stitches (P2, K2, P2) this is what I did on the cable row:
demonstration on an area of stocking stitch
I completed the garment using the mistake mock cable. I can share more photos soon as the pattern is nearly ready. If anyone can identify the stitch I used please let me know!